Amy E. Keller
Amy is a SuperLawyers Rising Star, developing a national profile in consumer protection litigation.
Amy focuses her practice on class action litigation, and consumer protection matters in particular. She has litigated a wide range of product liability, design defect, employment, and food labelling cases in courts throughout the country. Amy has served in various leadership positions in national class actions in an indication of the respect she enjoys among the judiciary and her peers including in matters against General Mills and Woodgrain Millwork Company. She has considerable familiarity with a range of unfair competition laws, and has offered extensive commentary concerning proposed changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure as Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Class Action Committee and Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation Rule 23 Subcommittee.
In 2016, Amy was elected to the Board of Directors of the Public Justice Foundation, a nationwide 501(c)3 charitable organization supporting the pursuit of high-impact lawsuits to combat social and economic injustice, protect the Earth’s sustainability, and challenge predatory corporate conduct and government abuses. Since 2009, Amy has served on the Board of the Chicago Art Deco Society, where she founded the Preservation Committee and currently serves as the Executive Vice President and Director of Preservation Advocacy. In addition to her civic involvement, Amy is a cast member, writer, and dancer in the Chicago Bar Association’s Bar Show, and recently celebrated her seventh year in the 93 year-old Chicago tradition.
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation against BMW over design defects causing electrical failures. Catalano v. BMW of North America, et al. (S.D.N.Y.)
- Appointed to Executive Committee in Wolosyzn v. General Mills, Inc. (D. Minn.), a class action case over the deceptive labeling of General Mills Nature Valley granola products.
- Appointed to the Steering Committee in In re Windsor Wood Clad Window Products Liability Litigation (E.D. Wis.), multidistrict litigation concerning design and manufacturing defects in windows.
- Served as co-lead settlement class counsel in Roberts v. Electrolux Home Products, Inc. (C.D. Cal.), representing consumers in a nationwide class action settlement involving defective clothes dryers that presented a fire risk to consumers’ homes.
- SuperLawyers Rising Star (2016)
Writings and Presentations
- Moderator, Chicago Bar Association Class Action Committee Winter Seminar, “Class Actions and the Trump Administration” (2017)
- Panelist, Women’s Bar Association of Illinois panel on Emerging Issues in Privacy and Technology Law (2017)
- Speaker, Current Trends in Product Liability Class Action Litigation, Perrin Class Action Litigation Conference in Chicago, Illinois (2016)
- Speaker, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum: When to Choose Federal Over State Court, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois (2016)
- Moderator, Chicago Bar Association 2015 Annual Spring Seminar on Class Action Litigation in Chicago, Illinois (2015)
- Speaker, Circuit Court Update, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, 6th Annual Section Conference in Coronado, California (2013)
- Preemptive Collateral Estoppel Blocks Consumer Class Action in Thorogood, CADS Report, Vol. 21, Winter 2011 (Co-authored by associate Dawn M. Goulet)
- The Criminal Law Edit, Alignment and Reform Initiative: A Symposium on the New Criminal Code, 41 J. MARSHALL L. REV. 610-935 (Spring 2008) (as Chair of the Symposium)
- Board Member, Public Justice Foundation
- Chair, Chicago Bar Association Class Action Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association