James S. Casey
Jim is a trial lawyer with a passion for representing victims of medical malpractice and other injured parties.
A natural trial lawyer, Jim has spent the majority of his career representing victims of medical malpractice. Cumulatively, he has recovered more than $500 million for his clients, participating in 25 verdicts of more than $1 million and three of more than $10 million. Still, Jim finds his greatest professional satisfaction in helping make someone’s life more comfortable as they cope with catastrophic loss.
After trying his first case—and earning a verdict of over $1,000,000—Jim received the ultimate compliment: The defense offered him a job representing doctors and hospitals in medical malpractice cases. After several years working malpractice claims from the defense side, he once again became a plaintiffs’ advocate, realizing that his passion lay in representing victims of wrongdoing.
- Has cumulatively recovered more than $55 million representing the families of babies injured at birth.
- Represented a 14-year old boy who was paralyzed during spine surgery, recovering $10,000,000 for the plaintiff.
Writings And Presentations
- “Don’t Forget the Teachers and the IEP,” 360 Advocacy Injured Babies: Representing Our Little Heroes Conference (2016)
- Ohio Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice